Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Breakfast Scattered 2


Click Here to Bid (6x6in. - starts at $100)

I want to say a few things about the benefit of painting in a series. One of course is that if you buy produce, it's nice to get a few paintings out of it before it goes off. But that's the cheap me talking. What's even better is that when I'm staring at one subject (or a set of subjects) for a while they often inspire or lead to more ideas about the same (hey, what if I tried this?!). They build off each other. Each one presents a new challenge but uses the skills I've been honing. And lastly, my best paintings are very rarely one-off - they are almost always a part of a series of the same subject, theme, idea, or other. I may not post all of them, because they might not have all worked out, but I did them, and they made me better.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Blue and orange sing to me. Love this series. Listened to the podcast the other day. Nice to hear you!

Unknown said...

I just love the egg yolk!